Sunday, January 29, 2012

Another Iron Horse Classic

Flip's 1979 Shovel Jammer !

    I know what your thinking, Whats wrong with this picture? No Wassel tank, no ribbed rear fender, no Knucklehead motor?! This guy must be out of his mind!  I know , I here you..... That's all I see anymore Myself.  But you cant deny that this bike is just right. 

   This is from an old Iron Horse magazine from my collection. I love these old magazines. Its crazy, June 1997 issue 151.  Not one web address throughout the whole magazine, How did we ever get along without the web is a mystery to me.  I really dig swap meet specials.  Nothing real fancy, stripped down and straight to the point. Just a young guy with very little cash on hand but a burning desire to build a chopper and ride.
   Please, don't wait around for that next period correct piece to pop up on E Bay! Every thing will be O K no one is going to think any less of  you. Maybe just a little hazing , and they might put you in a different section at your local bike night.  But come on , your a Biker right ? Put that pile of parts in your garage together and RIDE!



4 comments:

  1. Completely wicked, some great social commentary as well, lovin your work !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for any other excellent post. Where else could anyone get that type of information in such an ideal means of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am at the search for such information.
    Eastern King Size Bed Contemporary Style Espresso Finish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personal Favorite ,when i saw this i knew shit was changing. I was all alone, hanging with club dudes denying i ever skated. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thats me. Just ran across this. Super cool!!

    FLiP

    ReplyDelete