Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sorry & Thanks

So the FOTS shop site went down today. Reason: too much action. Was on the phone with the hosting company for over over an hour after work tonight. The said "for the level of the hosting I am paying for the site is wreaking havoc on the shared server." I told they guy, that's what we do, show up, make a mess, maybe accidentally break a few things and jam stuff up for other people.

So it was a year ago this past weekend that the site launched. About 300,000 visits later the thing takes a dump with no warning at all. No call, no email, nothing. They told me, take a guess... I need to give them more money. About 3000% more. How convenient for them. Feed the machine or die. I just paid for another year with unlimited bandwidth about 2 months ago. The flow was about the same then as it is now.



Things have been going well and growing nicely but the sad part is, sales just don't support that kind of expense and I've had the hardest year financially of my life. Didn't get into this to get rich but I cant let it make me go any more broke. Already sold the pan to keep a roof over our head and to give the kid a solid Christmas. Not really sure whats going to happen. But that's what's happening. David and Goliath type shit. I am working on options and doing what I can.

Thanks to everyone for a pretty amazing year. The friends I've made and things I've been a part of will last a lifetime.

11 comments:

  1. Fuck we need to do something, lets figure out a way to make this happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay tooned for a swap meet rock and role fund raiser

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is bullshit. finally a cool web now and the corporate world fucks us again

    ReplyDelete
  4. what if you sold elsewhere? paypal has a small store set up. or cartfly, some software that might work...volusion

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Jay's idea is the shit!lets do a swap fundraiser!I think I can speek for all of deathscience when I say we wont go out with out a fight

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are among brothers, FOTS will survive! The Man can't keep us down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FOTS was my first Bookmark every day with my Morning Coffee checking what the guys overseas are up to... times are hard i know what you are talking about...all i could ever pay over here is a 2001 Sportster and it is the most expensive thing i own...anyway keep on keeping on! much love from spain

    ReplyDelete
  8. well what can we all do to help? would how tim has ds store set up work would it be cheaper etc......can we all pool in for the cost? is there other servers you can use? theres gotta be a fix.....unless your just over the financial burden in that case i and others would fully understand.....love ya clarke

    ReplyDelete
  9. to do a complete redesign would mean the site would be down for a long time. and the amount of stuff and the way we wanted the site to work wouldnt work with other formats. we are looking into bumping up the service, redesigning it a bit to work easier and probably taking our business elsewhere. thanks though for the concern and pointers. love you too brother

    ReplyDelete