Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ask The Hated

Deathhead Chris Earhart and Joe Fish are a couple of guys that I'm fortunate to have as friends. Its hard to see why they're Hated. Decided for yourself... 

Chris... "Well first I wanna say! The first time we sat down to answer these, we both just cracked open a can of FourLoko to see what all the hypes about, three cans later... The words were in a pile of jibberish, thrown together with horde of undecipherable nonsense from bar brawls, Bocephus and going nowhere fast! This seemed to be the consensus, when we finally came to. The next morning!!
We fuckin’ BLACKED OUT!
Coming in little sparks of remembrance and our wives having to clue us in! Running to the park, playing with a Derringer... blackness... playing with knives, confessing our bro love again, downing another... even blacker… contemplating something?, saying grace, talkin’ shop… hmmmm… trying to get laid while falling, winning at falling and the rest is bluuurrrry!
So, that pretty much sums up Joe and I, were best buds and we like to party on 4Loko!!! …and cocaine and heroin and whatever else you got..."


Clarke said... Chris, share what you can about the story of the man behind Holliday Leather.
So here’s the short story! So we were trying to figure out a way to get my wife’s Ol’ man some commissary, while in his 14th year of a 30 year drug conviction in northern Texas. Him being already skilled at leather working, amongst the many other skills he has acquired before the joint! I knew this one could make money in my world, at this point in time I was running and buying for a high profile street wear store. So I knew we could turn and burn at our own pace, and keep it small until we were ready. A year later and about 100 wallets made and sold, he gets parole. It’s on now! We thought, move him up here, set up shop and Get those Kilo’s rolling, haha J/K. Not that shit again! But the system sucked him in, keeping a tight chain. Slowly built the business back up, confined to only small house, but hell its better than a cot and toilet for a sink! Until one day that chain broke before its time and shit went down. That’s about as much as I can say over the interweb, but if you ask me in person I’ll give you the rest.


DSVander said... Joe how’s the pan shovel these days? The pan-shovel is down for some re-constructive surgery. It’s going to be ready for BF3 and I’m gunna try to keep it under wraps until then. The thing is, I’m only mediocre at keeping secrets!
Got the Chevy up and running? The Chevy gets closer everyday. I’ve got it running ok, but it still needs a few odds and ends sorted before I can put the front clip back on and really drive it. One step forward, two steps back with that damn car. Doing a frame off car is A LOT more consuming than I anticipated, and it really reinforces my respect for custom car builders. Its definitely going to continue being a long term project/money pit before all is said and done.
How are you doing since the run in with a caravan? I didn’t like caravans before, but now I really hate ‘em!
Did Jason’s Linkert I sent you get there yet? Jason’s carb got here along with a carb Brian and Jeremiah sent me. I was able to piece together a pretty nice little M74 thanks to you guys!
We need to set up a bro ride camp drink as soon as it warms back up…We got to get together a good ride this spring. How about on Hitler’s B-day (4-20)?!
Chris, how’s your new project coming along? Blew it off for the last few weeks, trying to scrape as much dough as could so I can just blow it all in Vegas, but I'm back on track!
Bakertrans? Baker dreams, but that’s about all they are right now.
When are you guys coming down to NYC to rage with me? Taking my mom up there in December we should show her how we party!
Hated of the world fellas kinda rule it... Chris, I’m gonna hit you up for a wallet... Let’s do it buddy, we’ll make a matching mead horn for you!
Love ya guys over and out...


DSVander said... What about the rest of crew? Like the Brain and Jason what are those guys up to... The Brain almost done with school? What’s he in school for? The Brain is the GUY! He’s my lawyer before I talk to my attorney. And that is what he’s going to school for… so he can be my lawyer AND my attorney!
Are you guys gonna make the time to ride to Bornfree 3 with DS and the FOTS fellas? We will most definitely be you guys for BF3!! Unless something crazy and unpredicted gets in the way…like jobs.
Jason, how’s my sweet weld job holding up? Jason says you’re the best welder ever and he wants to mought kiss you…hard.
Tell us about the projects you guys got going on... Like most of you, there are too many projects. I guess you’ll just have to wait to see them 1 at a time.

Fingers said... How’s it feel to be in the circle of life we have created? I don’t know if we have anything to do with the creation of a circle of life in a Lion King or Dr. Frankenstein sense, but we are very proud to be apart of this scene, especially here on the east coast.
What’s in the future for HOTW? Just boozin’ and cruisin’, turnin’ and burnin’!
DaFish- How are you healing? I’m healing up faster than Wolverine on penicillin and vicodin.
Chris- Tell us the deal behind Holiday leather. Holliday full line,by summer!


DSTim said... What's the word on SLABSIDE? Slabside was just a ploy to get Joey up here, J/K Joey! It’s really gonna be something! When we finally get to it. We have a lot great ideas, but we also have a lot of projects!
What got you fellas into choppers? My dad and uncles have always had motorcycles around when I was growing up. My ol man got me a red Yamaha QT50 when I was 9 that me and my buddies would take turns thrashing around the neighborhood on. I traded it for a brand new stolen laptop and 2 pitbull puppies when I was 12. Poor thing had seen better days by then. At 16 I bought a buell blast which I soon outgrew. Sold it and bought a 74 Norton Commando 850. My passion for old bikes that will kick back and don’t always want to start was truly born while on the seat of that thing. That was followed by more than a few other British bikes including a Triumph I was real proud of building until I got my shovel. Well I’ve been around this shit all my life, my pops has always ridden and has built quite a few trick Harleys for himself and friends, 1% club shit was always around when I was young, but I was clueless. Went to Sturgis when I was 13, got my first real tattoo, gawked at a whole bunch of biker titties, saw the Blackhills. But I still wasn’t hooked; not until I got a little older. Skating consumed me back then, and that was all that mattered!
How did you and the rest of the crew meet? Always been into hotrodding though, and that’s how I met Joe and the rest of the Texas family including Gilbert the newest co conspirer on the blog. Joe always rode a bike and I just cared to go fast in anything, still do! Eventually Joe started to build a triumph and at this point I was gearing up to move to Boston to be with my long lost and out of circumstance I traded my band van for ’68 Triumph basket from some vato, behind Gibert’s house. So pretty much I blame Joey, my Pop, Gibby’s neighbor and some major ocd problem I have! Met Jason while he was pursuing my wife, found Jlee in Chinatown and Brian is my long lost Brother, can’t you tell!
How's the transition to the Northeast from TX? Eh, it’s alright. Lots of good folks. I love New England, hate the ninjas!


DSMatt said... Which one of you gets the most tail? I heard Chris gets more ass than a toilet seat... Shiiit! Maybe more than few years ago, haha I was the man! My ol lady’s got a bigger ass, does that count?
Who came up with the name "Hated of the World"? John 15:18-“If you are hated by the world, keep in mind that I was hated by the world before you.”
What's the best experience you've had on a chopper so far? A particular run, or just a ride around town with friends, etc...? First time test riding the triumph with Joey @ the stroke of Midnight! The feeling of being so close can be overwhelming and rompin’ around with Vander and Benji in Brooklyn late at night! How fast can you gooo!! ONE of the best times I’ve had on a chopper is also one of the first. I cant talk about it online because my lil mamma might see this, but it was AWESOME! So if you see me in person (and she aint around) just ask. And, Sara, if you read this I’m just joking. Riding with a ton of dudes in Philly is also up there.


Jason said... What do you guys do for a living? Holliday Leather – Creative Director/ Sales, Loser Machine company – New England Rep., Unemployment check receiver – Why so serious!, Sperm Donor. We live.
How is it coming from Texas and moving up there to the sub-arctic Boston area? My first real New England winter is coming up so I'm waiting in anticipation.

TW said... Chris, I kinda feel like you may listen to black metal. If you do we should talk about it next time. Whatdya say? Hail Abbath! While metal clawing and blasting blast beats! Why wouldn’t we!


Doogler Benji said... Chris- When you look into my eyes do you feel something special? jk. Benji, the twinkles gone! I told you it was only a one time thing! I only have I eyes for my weedwhacker!
Seriously- What’s the story on your sweet little triumph? Where did you get it? How much did it deviate from day one in your possession? It’s my first bike and I’m gonna keep it forever! It fuckin’ turned my life inside out!
Who taught you how to weld? Took an art sculpture class to learn to tig, by a dude oddly named Benjamin!
What’s the craziest thing you caught your dog eating? My Ol’ lady's thongs, all day everyday, he’s a sick fuck!
How close are you to your beard? More than anyone could fathom.
If you had to choose between quitting smoking and shaving your beard which would it be? That question blew my mind, fuck! …..What happened to weekly facetiming!?
Joe- Your bravery toward spicy foods and beverages is very impressive. What’s the craziest situation you’ve been in involving a chili, or some sort of crazy hot spice or item? Again, I can give credit to my ol man for liking, nay, LOVING spicy foods and beverages. Man, some of those “worlds hottest” hot sauces that are chemically enhanced with capsicum extract and are rated like a jillion on the scoville scale will make your ears ring for hours.
If you could teleport any one place in the world for 30 minutes where would it be and why? It would probably be Superman’s fortress of solitude. Don’t know why, I don’t even like Superman.
What was your first bike? Before my Yamaha qt50, my dad got me a Honda 50cc dirt bike when I was like 5 that never ran. My mom let me put it in my room and it I had plenty of good times pretending to jump ramps just like on Excitebike, which was a Nintendo game some of you may remember.


The Fish said... Chris- who talked you in to building a bike and why did you listen to that clown? Also, how did you sweet talk me into moving up to this god forsaken place with such treacherous roads and drivers and NO delicious tacos or Chic-fil-a or Whataburger!?! That’s what we do! We talk each other into doing stupid things!

C.Earhart said... Joe- Which do you prefer US Weekly or Star magazine? And why? I’m definitely a US weekly kind of guy. It’s the fashion police section that gets me.
Cool points or 5 point safety check? 5 point cool check is what I’d go for every time.
Decipher the White album for us? Check this for white album deciphering. I just like that song about the whore that breaks my boy Rocky’s heart “Rocky Racoon”.
Favorite bar fight? Favorite dude to have incase of bar fight? Your bachelor party is BY FAR my favorite barfight. It was a fucking RUMBLE!!! You’re the only guy for me in a fight. Maybe Raymond. My little brother didn’t do so bad either. He actually got me out of a bind in that fight. Everybody else kind of sucks.
What are we doing with Slabside? Slabside will lay dormant until we have something that will blow everyone’s lid off.
Fake teeth, huh! Why? Yes, I have three fake teeth. The front ones. But my old teeth looked just like them!
You wanna give me the shovelhead, awe come on!? You have your own shovel, so leave mine alone.


Clarke said... Speaking of bar fights… Who was the last one to get into a frickis over a jerky comment made about one of your hot girl’s bangin kit and sexy face rig? I hate when dudes do that. Funny, we kind of like it when guys do that. We get them to get free drinks and bring them to us. The last fight we were in was on the night of my bachelor party! The whole night was fuckin’ wild, but to sum it up. Almost the end of the night, black out drunk! Both party’s meet up at a bar, notorious for me getting in to a fight there. Why? I don’t fuckin’ know! Blah blah blackness, shit talkin’ blah black, wasted ass Jackie(wife) throws her drink on the shit talker, punch, bottle to my face! Crazy brawl, Jackie stomping some dude with her heels, Jason & Joey kickin’ up dust, me wiping my blood on my face all warrior style, Dad shows up on bike, gun in hand! Glued eyelid for my wedding, rad!


C.Earhart said... When is Sara gonna cut that hair, you look like Kramer? Sara’s not touching my Kramer hair till it looks at least like Finger’s hair. We could be hair brothers.
Tell us what roughneckin' for your dad, was like? Roughnecking with my dad was pretty crazy. Taught me stuff I will never forget, like the real purpose of a big crescent wrench…as a hammer.
Can you wake me up in the morning @10? Thanks! Shit, I’ll call you from the shop at 10.

Clarke said... For each of you- One thing that you let go of and wish you could get back? I know everyone is going to lose there shit, but it positively has to be my Fox Body Mustang! I loved it with all my heart and It was getting fast! I totaled it, I would have never sold it! I sold a chrome Linkert this past summer at a swap meet thinking I wouldn’t need it any time soon. Lo and behold, I picked up a pan a few days later that was just begging for a chrome Linkert. I happened to get the guys number I sold it to cause he had some parts I might be interested in so I gave him a ring to try and snag the carb back and was a total linkert hog. Told me he needed the parts for a possible project…blahblahblah. I learned a valuable lesson: horde everything!
One of your favorite stories about the other guy? Me and Chris got reeeal drunk at a party so when it was time to leave I opted to walk back home instead of riding 3 up with him and his OL. Good call. After much re-assuring Jackie he was ok to ride and wouldn’t crash he finally coaxed her into climbing on the back. I see him whip around the corner with Jackie holding on for dear life and seconds later I hear a long screech followed by the sound of metal sliding on asphalt. I run around the corner to see him picking up his Vespa and Jackie storming off in anger and maybe a little pain. We caught up with Jackie and he re-re-assured that he wouldn’t do that again. I couldn’t believe my eyes when she GOT BACK ON! I was laughing about it to myself walking down the street when I saw Chris riding back my way. He tells me that he dropped her ONE MORE TIME at a stop sign cause he forgot to put his feet down. I couldn’t stop laughing. Ok! same notorious bar, different night with a bunch of friends. One was getting hassled by some fag near the pool table, probably over a bad drug deal. I go to stick up for my buddy, like always! First in, last out! Shit it is about to blow! I stomp over to the other side to get some type of something. Joey stops me in my tracks, shouts “who’s gettin’ it!” Before I could point and shout “that dude”! Joey hurls a full Schlitz tallboy into the crowd at some 300 pound jacked body builder motherfucker! The fucking dude caught rightside up, stares at us pours it out on the floor! We were like what the fuck, straight movie shit! Rumble starts, blood everywhere! Had to get drenched in Purell, so I wouldn’t catch the HIV, rad! Turns out Mr. Olympia was on our side.Getting into trouble and living to tell the tale, is what it’s all about! Everything else is just filler!
Name one of the other guy’s best and worst ideas or plans. Dropping out of UTI and trying to play chicken with a caravan! Best idea: Building a chopper from scratch. Worst Idea: Building ANOTHER chopper from scratch.
5 words you would use to describe the other guy. The Wind Beneath My Wings? Loyal like a dirty dog!
3 things you hate, love, fear, wish. Love: 1. Sara 2. Hot sauce 3. A good morning B.M. Titties, snatch & ass. Hate: 1. Mini vans 2. Hangovers 3. Pooping in a strange restroom. Blacks, whites & mexicans. Fear: 1. Rabies 2. Female body builders 3. Human race enslavery. The HIV, the Crabs, & the clap. Wish: 1. “I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller” (Skee Lo) 2. I finish my Chevy soon 3. I had straight hair. For money, power & violence.
Last time your mind was blown. I blow my mind everynite! Err, wait!? The support I got from all you guys after my accident.
Personal high point since starting HOTW. Meeting you, Clarke! The highest point of my life!
What is a funny thing that the other guy is into that most people don't know? Chris is a real sucker for fancy marketing. If it has bright packaging with lasers and shit, he’s all over it. Or anything marketed towards his demographic. He’s got a razor with like 12 blades and is nuclear/solar powered or something. He never even shaves!


Clarke said... Joe- What did you think when you first heard about the support the fish tee? How much did it really help? When I first heard about the support the fish I just came out of my 1st surgery and was pretty drugged up. After my head cleared some, I asked Sara if what Chris told me earlier really happened. It helped me out more than I can even express. The donations really came second to the emotional and spiritual support that it gave me. Seriously heart touching.
Be honest, what was the most frivolous thing you did with it (no one will blame or judge you here man, it's a safe place). Investing in a high yield IRA.
Chris- what was it really? Buulllshiiit! It was a Mutual Fund, which in today's economy… blahblahblah
Back to Joe- Have you run into anyone you didn’t know wearing one of the shirts yet and how did you handle it? In Brooklyn, I saw someone with a support shirt on so I went up to him and gave him a hug and another shirt, different color, offered my flask and bought him a beer.
Were you as surprised as me at how popular you were and how many good people are out there that cared and helped out? I really was surprised at how many people out there sincerely CARE about someone else in this scene that they may only know from the internet. Really very humbling.
What would you like to say to them? I’d like them to know that I wish I could meet them all and try to express my gratitude in person.


Clarke said... Joe- how are you feeling since the wreck? How was it getting back on the road? Busy. I'm feeling like a hundred bucks! The day I got the pan really rideable, I hopped on and started ripping down the street without even thinking of being scared until I got back to the shop. I then said to myself “Shit. That was the first time Ive been on a bike since July. Feels good. Real good.”
Anything positive that you got out of it? What was the bikes fate? There is actually plenty of positive stuff that came out of the ordeal. Mostly, getting to meet and correspond with so many good people. The shovel is down but will be back with a vengeance!
What are you riding now? I'm scooting on a scooter. Rode the pan for a bit, but its also down for changes. The 72 vespa I finished up right before the accident runs just fine though. Wheelie poppin’ machine.

Ok Kyle said... Well to both of you how do you feel about the seen today chopper seen that is. And do you like what’s happening? This Eastcoast brotherhood shit, is fucking killin’ it and I’m honored to be apart of it! As for the chopper “scene” it seems to be forever evolving and revolving, that’s what cool about it, keeps it fresh and keeps all of us coming back.
Chris- Where do you see HOTW in 5 years? 5 years?, definitely an MC! Think about it “THE HATERS” MC, our logo could be some fat black chick throwing up “the hand to the face”!
Fish-What got you into chopper? My old man and a couple uncles were always into motorcycles, but Ive wanted a chopper ever since I was a wee lad.


Mike D said... When are you guys comin back down to Philly? I’ll be there on the 19th and ready to party.
Joe, do you ever get tired of bad mouthing all food that you come in contact with that wasn’t made in San Antonio? NEVER!
Chris, ever get the paperwork squared away with your bike? NOOO, I think they just took my money and ran!
Both, did you get jobs yet? Shit, man! I’m an entrepreneur!! We both work in one way or another. Real jobs? Forget it.

Clarke said... The thing you miss the most about Texas? Tacos, Lone Star Beer, considerate drivers, good roads and highways, a decent bar, cheap everything, lots of other stuff. Family, food, friends. Mainly food, haha!
The thing you love the most about Boston? The New England landscape really is beautiful. Everything except winter, which means nothing actually! New England style houses, seasons.
Share your Favorite Benji story. That guy makes everyone look like an amateur at life. The story with a crocodile and some Florida critters, I was probably blackin’ out when he was telling me , but the shit I caught was the greatest! Like, always! Facetime!!

Q said…Joe do you have a bionic leg now and is it easier to start your bike? Very bionic. 80% titanium. Kicking kicker pedals in half.

5 comments:

  1. Great readin' I think that was me in Brooklyn Fishman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so deep.
    Joe, is that you on the throw back sportster with the throw back orange ski goggles?
    Chris, what happend to trading me the triumph for the Hasselblad and the ruger... thats ok im gonna get a weedwacker too and we will go into head to head battle like tron! and face time is back on air as long as you dont go showing off your dogs pecker.
    Oh and now i can totally tell why Brian wanted me to change my shirt that day haha

    ReplyDelete