Thursday, July 1, 2010

Enjoying my Days off

We are in between heat waves right now in the Philly area, and I can say, without sounding like a show tunes loving man, the weather is Fabulous. This is a two lane road that connects my home town to the edge of the city. You have the river on one side and the airport on the other. Even the sky was worth lookin at today.


This is Ft. Mifflin. I think the sign said it was first settled in the late 1700's and in use till the 1950's. There was a admission so I just checked it out from the outside and had a smoke. I wanted to get the ironhead in that archway but there were some cats eyeballin me just for taking up some of the path.

I wasnt out that long but man it was awesome. I just kept cruising back and forth takin the turns faster each time. The road was dead and it felt like I fell of the face of the earth for just a minute. I dont log as many miles as I'd like to but the ones I do are pretty special to me. Get out there and have some fun.



1 comment:

  1. IT WAS A GREAT DAY, GOT DONE WORK AT NOON, TOOK A LITTLE SPIN............GONNA HEAD OUT RIGHT NOW!!

    ReplyDelete