Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wheel.


Built this wheel up for my man Mike D last night. Got the rim & hub from my weekend job at Classic Cycles LTD in Baptistown NJ (classic brit bike shop). Rim was laced to an 8" Triumph front hub in the most completely wrong pattern you could get. Some hippy had a belly full of shrooms when he laced it. Dave scrounged up the hub which seems to be an OG chromed steel flat track deal. Buchanans supplied the spokes & thankfully I didnt have to trim any down for once.


If anyone reading this blog needs wheels built, email me & we'll work it out. If you just have a rim & a spool, I can order the spokes & build it up for you. I got lucky with this used rim for D's wheel but I will say that about 3 out of 5 used rims are whacked out, so beware of those swap meet hoops you see - someone unlaced it for a reason, most likely because someone slammed a pothole with it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it worked out for ya joe, see ya sat.looks like you'll be taking a topend apart on a 67 t-100.

    ReplyDelete