Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Get bent











Some pics from my Gypsy Run 2 wreck. Lucky for me, I have a bunch of awesome friends who really went above & beyond what most have come to expect from people these days. Sounds insane, but it was honestly almost worth crashing to find out how awesome our tight community of garage built bike riders really is. Friends stepped up & helped me get the parts I needed to get my sickle back to normal & raised some loot to help take the edge of the medical bills. By the time I was physically able to ride again, my bike was ready to roll.

My only injuries were two badly sprained wrists & I broke a chunk of my pelvic/hip bone off - hence the hip-gina. I still have a pretty gnarly scar just below my belt on my right hip (that pic is turned 90*). Its still pretty sore & stiff from time to time but I learned a lot from that wreck. Be grateful for every mile you get to put on any bike, because it may be your last & be even more grateful for the awesome friends you have riding along with you.

1 comment:

  1. "Be grateful for every mile you get to put on any bike, because it may be your last & be even more grateful for the awesome friends you have riding along with you."
    -----------------------------------------------------

    The above quote is one of the most poetic, and true things I have heard in a long fucking time man. I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank god your wreck wasn't any worse than it was. Too many of us don't get as lucky as you did. Keep your knees in the breeze, and the shiny side up!

    ReplyDelete